Historical Characters of Old Montréal
Let students hear about the history, architecture and culture of Old Montréal through the important men and women who shaped Montréal. Brought to life by our professional costumed guides, these historical figures will tell you how they left their mark on the city.
Depending on their availability, meet:
- Paul Chomedey Sieur de Maisonneuve: Famous gentlemen and French officer known as the founder of Ville-Marie.
- Jeanne Mance: Founder of Hôtel-Dieu, the first hospital in the colony.
- Marguerite Bourgeoys: Now Saint, first teacher in Ville-Marie and I founded the Congregation of Notre-Dame.
- Jacques Viger: Montréal’s first mayor.
- Catherine Desenne: A “fille du Roy“ (King’s Daughter) who arrived in New France at the age of 21.
These characters will reveal surprising details about their personal lives and our city’s past. Let them take you back in time!
Practical Information & Reservation
- Available from mid-March to mid-November.
- Length: 2 hours.
- Minimum: 15 students.
- Rate (including taxes): $13.25 / student.
- Complimentary ticket for 1 teacher or chaperone per 15 students.
- Gratuity not included and left to your discretion.
Reservation is mandatory on the date and time of your choice (depending on availability).
Guidatour specializes in the development of tours and scavenger hunts that are both fun and educational for youth, including both younger and older children or teenagers. Take a look at all our educational visits or contact us for more details or to reserve!
“The tour guides are excellent with the students. They are professional, entertaining and responsible. Many of the tour guides are requested year after year. Over the last 5 years our business to Montreal has increased dramatically. We feel that Guidatour has contributed to our success.”
– Linda Philip, Young Explorers