Take the pulse of Québec’s only metropolis with this bike tour of the city that brings you into the heart of the Montréal’s neighborhoods (3 hours or 4 hours versions available). Your professional guide will highlight Montréal’s main attractions and explain their significance. He or she will also show you nooks and crannies and secret places of the city, off the beaten path.
This cycling excursion is carefully designed to have you appreciate Montréal’s beauty and charm through interesting commentaries about related to history, architecture and Montreal’s neighborhood life, stops in photogenic locations and a delicious tasting break.
You want to continue the trip on your own after the tour?
Your bike rental is valid for the rest of the day!
Also have a look at the bike tour Vista-Architecture.
Highlights & Sites visited
Level: easy / Duration: about 4 hrs OR 3 hrs / Distance: 14 km approximately OR 10 km approximately / Age Requirement: 13 and over + ability to handle a bicycle
The easy and enjoyable way to visit Montréal!
- At the beginning of tour, admire the view of the city and river from the Quays of the Old Port *.
- Cross Old Montréal via Place Jacques-Cartier and see Montréal’s City Hall.
- Follow the guide to the legendary “Faubourg M’lasse “, now called “The Village” .
- A short climb then leads you to LaFontaine Park and through the streets and alleyways of the Plateau Mont- Royal.
- Enjoy a tasting at Saint-Viateur Bagel in the Mile End district, a refuge for emerging artists and hipsters.
- Ride along the eastern slope of Mount Royal and dive into the Victorian atmosphere of the “McGill Ghetto” and McGill University.
- On the way back, pedal through the shade of the skyscrapers in the downtown core and “Quartier International”(International District).
- Finish in Old Montréal at the birthplace of Montréal: Pointe-à-Callière, which today is a museum of archaeology and history.
* Itinerary subject to change in case of work or during events
4-hour tour – Departure at 9:30 a.m*.
- May 5 to May 26: Every Sunday;
- June 2 to September 15: Every Monday, Wednesday, Friday & Sunday;
- September 21 to October 13: Every Saturday & Sunday;
- Exception for the F1 week : also available on june 4, 6 and 8
3-hour tour – Departure at 2:00 p.m*.
- May 4 to September 15: Daily.
*Meet-up 15 to 30 minutes prior to departure.
Montreal On Wheels Store
27, de la Commune East Street
(Metro station: Champ-de-Mars)
- 4- hour tour: $86.50 taxes included / person ($80.50 taxes included if you have your own bike).
- 3-hour tour: $75 taxes included / person ($69 taxes included if you have your own bike).
Including: professional guide service, food-tasting stop, bottle of water, helmet, lock and full-day bike rental (a good quality 21-speed hybrid bike with a comfort seat, a rear rack and a front handle bar satchel), a drink (with or without alcohol) at a local establishment in Old Montréal.
Reservation & Further Information
Reservation is mandatory since places are limited.