Old Québec and Ottawa
Guidatour offers private walking and city tours of Québec City and Ottawa with local professional guides.
You would rather join a group? Scheduled walking tours are also available for Québec City. Contact us for more details!
Old Québec, historic birthplace
Experience the European charm of the first French settlement in North America with this interesting walking tour. Learn unsuspected secrets about the military, religious and historic heritage of Québec City.
Explore its landmarks and historic sites on a typical walking tour:
- The 4.6 km ramparts surrounding Old Québec, making it the oldest walled in city in North America.
- The Parliament building were you can witness the French and English through its architecture.
- The Québec Citadel National Historic Site, the largest great stone fortress in America built to protect the city against a probable American invasion.
- The world famous Château Frontenac one of the most important landmarks in Québec city.
- Québec City Hall, located in the heart of Old Québec and facing the Notre Dame Basilica, built at the end of the 19th century on the site of the first Jesuit college.
- The Notre-Dame de Québec Basilica, majestic building located in the oldest registered parish in North America and surrounded by the Latin Quarter.
- Place Royale where the city was founded and where you will still find the atmosphere of New-France back in the 17th century.
- Also see the Seminary, the St-Laurence River and the Old Port.
- If time allows: stop at Marché du Vieux-Port, Québec City’s biggest farmers market which history goes back to the early years of the colony; See the charming St-Paul Street and its friendly art galleries, antique shops and restaurants.
Ottawa, Nation’s Capital
See everything Ottawa has to offer in this walking tour! Renowned as one of the world’s most beautiful capitals, Ottawa is literally surrounded by gorgeous waterways and falls. Its parks, trees and flowers are second to none.
Appreciate its natural wonders, history and rich heritage on a typical walking tour:
- The War Memorial that stands on Confederation Square, one of Canada’s national historic sites.
- The buzzling By Ward Market, one of Canada’s oldest and largest open-air farmers’ markets.
- Sussex Drive, a major street where you can find the official residence of the Prime Minister of Canada.
- Some magnificent Ambassador’s residences which are among the finest residential sites of the nation’s capital.
- The Rideau Canal, a remarkable waterway that crosses downtown Ottawa and a witness to nearly two centuries of history.
- The impressive Ottawa River, the most important tributary of St. Lawrence River.
- Lively Downtown Ottawa with its numerous attractions such as attractive shops, great bars and restaurants.
- Major’s Hill Park, a peaceful green oasis in the heart of downtown Ottawa, also host of major events throughout the year.
- Parliament Hill with its majestic Peace Tower .
- The inescapable Sparks Street and its famous open air mall.
Practical Information & Reservation
We can customize the duration, the circuit and the content of our Québec City and Ottawa tours at any time, according to your needs and interests. Contact us for more information or to book a tour.
Schedule: year-round, day and time of your choice.
Suggested length: minimum 2 hrs.
Maximum recommended: 12 to 15 people per guide.
2020 Rate: $165 (including taxes) for the private guide service of 2 hours. Gratuity at your discretion.
_ _ _