The classic city tour incorporates all the must-see highlights of the city in just a few hours. Follow your guide to find out all about the city from the days of Fort Ville-Marie to the Montréal of today. As you discover the most important streets, landmarks and stories of the second largest French-speaking metropolis, you will experience what makes Montréal so unique!
Also planning on visiting Québec City or Ottawa? Do it in our company!
Highlights & Sites visited
Here is an example of a typical tour:
- Travel through time in Old Montréal by visiting Place d’Armes, the Old Port as well as City Hall and the Bonsecours Market.
- A visit inside the incredible Notre-Dame Basilica can also be included upon your request ($).
- Admire the modern architecture of the new Quartier international.
- See the downtown, from the bustle of Ste-Catherine Street to stately McGill College Avenue, as well as skyscrapers such as the famous Place Ville Marie.
- An introduction to the RÉSO (also known as the Underground City) is also on the program.
- The Victorian era Golden Square Mile will be discussed.
- Cross through Mount Royal Park, where you will have access to a stunning view of the city.
- Be impressed by the grandeur of the Saint-Joseph Oratory, one of the world’s most significant pilgrimage sites.
- On the Plateau Mont-Royal, in the Latin Quarter and along Saint-Laurent Boulevard, learn more about the different ethnic groups that have helped shape our city.
- Visit Jean-Drapeau Park (Saint Helen’s & Notre-Dame islands), a true oasis of fresh air.
- On the way through, catch a glimpse of the Gilles Villeneuve racing circuit, the Montréal Casino as well as La Ronde amusement park.
- Instead if you prefer, drive along the Port of Montréal in order to reach the Olympic Park. A brief stop will allow you to photograph the stadium and the world’s tallest inclined tower from up close. Also nearby are the Biodôme and the Botanical Garden.
Practical Information & Reservation
We can customize the duration, the circuit and the content of the tour at any time, according to your needs and interests. Contact us for more information or to book a tour.
Schedule: year-round, day and time of your choice.
Suggested length:minimum 3 hrs.
2020 Rate : $215 (including taxes) for the private guide service of 3 hrs. Gratuity at your discretion.
Transportation not included. The guide can conduct the visit in your vehicle.
Need a vehicle? We can help you!
_ _ _