COVID-19: Latest updates and measures
We must unfortunately cancel our activities until October 28th, except for our educational visits which we are still allowed to conduct. Numerous sources contradict each other as to whether we are permitted to conduct our other tours while Montréal is considered a red zone.
Indeed, we were given the go-ahead by the Québec government on September 29th, only to be told on October 1st that tours were not allowed. After contacting the Montréal Department of Public Health, the City of Montréal, as well as the City of Montréal Police Department, the answer remains unclear.
To avoid exposing our clients and our guides to potential fines, we prefer to cancel our activities until October 28th inclusively. Please follow us on Facebook and Instagram or visit our website again soon for updates on the resumption of activities.
As for educational visits, the following measures are still in place in order to comply with directives issued by authorities, and to ensure everyone’s safety.
Program 2020 – currently suspended – resumption date to be confirmed
All of our private walking tours are available at the day and time of your choice, according to availability. However, we have to suspend our city tours aboard vehicles at this time.
As for our scheduled guided tours of Old Montréal, only Old Montréal East is currently available, upon reservation. We also offer public departures of the All About Montréal’s Murals walking tour and the Traditional Ghost Walk of Old Montréal, upon reservation. The Old Montréal VIP and the Old Montréal West tours will return in 2021.
How to reserve your guided tours
The Old Montréal private tour, the downtown private tour, the Montréal’s Murals private tour, the Montréal Mural’s public tour, the Old Montréal East tour and the Traditional Ghost Walk of Old Montréal (regular program or private tour) can be booked online.
You may also contact us at all times to reserve these visits or any other tours, or for further information.
What health and safety measures are in place
Protecting the health and safety of our clients and our staff is our top priority. With that in mind, here are the preventive measures we have put in place:
- The maximum capacity of our tours is reduced to respect social distancing.
- A minimum distance of two meters (6 feet) between visitors of different households and with our tour guide is required at all times.
- Wearing a mask is mandatory for all participants.
- Our tour guides don’t wear masks in order for you to hear them properly.
- Tour guides showing any COVID-19 related symptoms, awaiting a diagnosis, that have been in contact with a probable or confirmed case in the last 14 days or that have recently travelled abroad are not allowed to work.
- We are asking clients showing any COVID-19 related symptoms, awaiting a diagnosis, that have been in contact with a probable or confirmed case in the last 14 days or that have recently travelled abroad not to take part in our activities.
Rest assured that we are committed to address situations of non-compliance with the above measures.
Lastly, note that these measures may be adjusted at any time, in view of rapid changes and new developments. Come back and visit this page to get the latest information.
We are looking forward to welcome you and share our love of Montréal!
More information about the current situation
Here are some useful resources for further information: